Spectrum modem’s online light blinking blue and white indicates that the modem is trying to establish an online connection, which takes only a couple of minutes. However, if the light is constantly blinking blue and white, it means that the modem has failed to establish an internet connection.
This can happen due to several reasons including:
- Coaxial cable or plug failure
- Internet outage
- The modem requires a reset
Here are some of the solutions to fix the Spectrum modem online light blinking blue and white:
Restart the Spectrum Modem
- Unplug the modem from the power outlet. Keep it unplugged for 1-2 minutes. Now, plug it back into the power outlet.
- Check the back of the modem for the power button. Press the power button to turn off the modem. Wait for a few minutes and turn the modem back on again.
- You can also use the My Spectrum app to restart your modem.
Check the Cables and Coax Plug
The problem can arise because of network cables that are unplugged, damaged, or improperly connected to the modem. Check the coaxial cable and see if it is properly connected to the modem. Plus, look for any damage to the wire on both ends and replace the wire if any damage is present.
A faulty coax plug can also cause this problem. Check the coax plug and see if it is damaged, improperly connected, or if there is anything wrong with it. Try replacing the coax plug or using a new one.
Check for Local Outages
Sometimes the problem could be from Spectrum’s end. In this case, you should contact Spectrum and inquire about any local outages, as these can cause this problem and the problem is likely to persist until the system is restored.
Reset the Modem
If the online light is still blinking white and blue, you can try resetting the modem, which can fix the issue in some instances. Here is how you can reset the modem:
- Press and hold the reset button on the modem for 30 seconds. The blue light next to Power will start blinking.
- Let go of the reset button and wait for the reset to complete.
- A solid blue Online light will indicate a successful reset and resolution of the problem.
Note: Resetting the modem will result in erasing all network settings, proceed with caution.
Contact Technical Support
If the problem persists, contact Spectrum’s technical support to receive assistance in troubleshooting the problem